Re: looking for picture iris catlogs

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] looking for picture iris catlogs
  • From: Mike Ayers otisburg426@yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 10:52:28 -0700 (PDT)

The $7 catalog with 9000 iris is probably Riverview Gardens.  It does NOT contain pictures: it is a hefty listing of the varieties they grow.  To my knowledge no one else offers a "full color" catalog, but Sutton's catalog has color pictures, as does Mid-America, Aitken's Salmon Creek, Keith Keppel and Contemporary Gardens (Contemporary did not put one out this year).  There are probably a few more but that should get you started.

Mike Ayers

St Louis MO

 cheryl1249@aol.com wrote:

I am looking for Iris catalogs with photos in them.
I did find this but it appears most do not have photos in them.
I know about Schreiner's, Cooleys and Marycotts. there is another one that costs $7 I cannot find or remember who it was. They said they had 9000 types of iris but did not tell me how many pages or photos in catalog. I thought this was very high.
Does anyone know of others?
I found this link but it doesn't tell me much.
Iris-L INFO: Iris Catalogs

I love the online photos but want books in hand for reference.
Ideas please.
thanks so much.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor