Re: Photographic gear

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Photographic gear
  • From: "lmmunro" lmmunro@hotmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 02:24:45 -0000

Are those filters just for SLR cameras or can they be used for
digital cameras?
I have found that I am not completely satisfied with most closeups I
take with my Kodak DC4800. Seems sometimes I just cannot get close
enough. If you get too close, the picture is blurry. You have to keep
a few feet distance.
I have experimented with the camera, and find that if I put the 'F
number' whatever that is, on F8 I get the best up close shots. I'm
not sure why, something about 'depth of field', and that F8 is
supposed to be the best for getting sharpness in foreground and
background.
Laetitia

--- In iris-photos@y..., "Pearl Doyle" <pdoyle@o...> wrote:
> Hi Bob, I think I can help you a little with your camera/picture
taking. It's probably not your camera's fault and probably not even
camera movement. If you are trying to take pictures of flowers up
close, you will need to study the effect of depth of field. Without
getting too technical, let me say that most cameras are not equipped
with lenses for taking close-ups, but it's simple to remedy. I bought
an inexpensive set of "filters" that screw on the front of my camera
lens. They look like a lens, but you need to ask for magnifying
filters. It's been a while since I've used a regular camera but I
think I liked the +2 filter for closeups. Mine came in a set of three
and the cost was about $22. I got some really great pictures. I use a
digital camera now, but I still liked the pictures I got from the old
totally manual SLR camera. Pearl

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/MVfIAA/2gGylB/TM