Re: Iris Plant Problem

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Iris Plant Problem
  • From: Pat Mitchell corgilover@wi.rr.com
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:23:18 -0500

While it didn't happen to any Iris this year, it happened to my
rhubarb (of all things).  My extension service diagnosed it as Crown
Rot and told me not to plant anything rhizomous (sp?) there for three
years.  Quite devastating to me since it was an heirloom plant from a
relative that survived two moves and four years in the same spot.

Mike Sutton wrote:
> What condition is the rhizome in?  could be crown rot, mustard seed fungus
> (southern blight) or others.  Does the rhizome stink?
> Mike

Pat Mitchell
Zone 5 - SE WI currently rhubarb deprived

Sell a Home for Top $