Re: RE:iris-photos: Photographic gear

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] RE:iris-photos: Photographic gear
  • From: "Cheryl Leigh Chamberlin" clc@cherylleigh.com
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:31:27 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Catherine Button" <cathy@pav.research.panasonic.com>
To: <iris-photos@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, 11 October 2002 10:33 AM

> Since the zoom quality was not a high priority for me, I didn't really
think
> of that. I believe your store was correct about the value for the price,
> however, thats only true if it meets *your* needs...

OK, I didn't phrase that very well.<G> I had looked at and handled many
camera models, done research online, and discussed my needs and wants with
the salespeople there, before I made my decision. I had narrowed my
selection down to the 3040, the 700 and I think one of the Canons. I ruled
out the Canon because I didn't like the way it felt in my hand, so given the
choice between the 3040 and the 700, they recommended the 3040 because they
thought it was more camera for the money and because after discussions with
them I realized that the 700's zoom wasn't a high priority afterall. I don't
miss it. I don't need a lot of zoom at a typical cat show, and in the garden
I get good results with macro mode.

Cheryl Leigh

Home Selling? Try Us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/MVfIAA/2gGylB/TM