Re: RE:iris-photos: Photographic gear

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: RE:iris-photos: Photographic gear
  • From: "Mike G" redear@infinet.com
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:01:11 -0000

> I have an Olympus C-3020. It takes blues very well but does a poor
job with
> reds! (pics of iris, MAUI SURF, and rose MR LINCOLN). I tried to
fix it with
> software and had no luck, but then its not something I'm very
familiar with.
> How did the 700 do for you?
> As far as focus, I found that sometimes when the autofocus doesn't
seem to
> work well, using the spot focus setting works.
> Cathy

Cathy I just got it and have not used it that much. The price has
gone down to $ 399  It also came with Adobe Photoshop Elements
(software). I also like to take nature pictures and liked the 10x
optical zoom. You need a tripod at that setting.

I have a Minolta and a Cannon SLR film camera.

For those that have a digital and a film camera I have a question.
How many times have you looked at pictures you have taken a year ago?

For me none on film and all the time on digital. I have a MY Pictures
screen saver running

The 3000 was purchased before the 3020 or 3040 came out. The 3000 is
a 3.3 MP and the C-700 is a 2.1 MP. A 3.3 MP TIF picture is over 11
megs in size. I don't need that. A 1 meg jpeg picture prints out a
8x10 just fine for me.

Sales people always push for a higher price item. Buy what you need.
I don't think the even make 16 megs cards any more, too cheep.

Mike Greenfield

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now