Re: Re: Rot New Mexico

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Rot New Mexico
  • From: "Harold" harold@directcon.net
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:30:58 -0700

The standard concentration used within Region 14 is 0.5%. Using household
bleach this is a 10 to 1 dilution. I use swimming pool chlorine at a 20 to1
dilution because it is about twice the strength of household use

I have always always dusted the exposed portion of the rhizome with powdered
sulfur. Most patients recover from the treatment.

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762