[PHOTO] Re: PCI seedling - 3 | Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:57:09" />

[PHOTO] Re: PCI seedling - 3

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Re: PCI seedling - 3
  • From: "Jan Clark" janclarx@hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 08:57:01 +1000

Harold wrote:
>The problem is to get them into the northern hemisphere alive. PCIs are
>touchy to transplant.
>Actually, I know of a way that might work from both a transplanting and a
>transportation perspective. Since I provided the seed, I figure I should
>have first option on introducing them in the US.

Harold, I must apologise for not mentioning that fact. They are in fact a
mixed bunch, some of my seeds having come a my friend in Melbourne, who is
also an avid grower. The purple is from an earlier cross of my own, which
produced several look alikes.
Harold you would be the first person I would think of, to introduce these in
the US. If you know of a legal, and fairly reliable way to bring these in,
let me know. I am hoping Colleen will introduce my best efforts, but I think
I need to wait a year or 2 to be sure I have enough stock, and they don't up
and die on me.
Another small problem - when we shifted house, I planned ahead and
economised on my planting. Several tiny PCI's went into each 10" pot.  The
attatched photo shows the resultant effect. Next winter, I will have to
divide them and try and sort them out. At present I am photographing every
one that blooms, and recording it's exact location.
Cheers, Jan

Unlimited Internet access -- and 2 months free!  Try MSN.

Sell a Home with Ease!