Re: TB: modern unknown

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: modern unknown
  • From: "lmmunro" lmmunro@hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 04:34:12 -0000

CALYPSO MOOD? Hmm, never heard of it; will have to look around for a
picture; maybe I have a Schreiners catalog hanging around from the
early 90's. Will have to go see.
So you think it looks more like CALYPSO MOOD than GAY PARASOL? I
figured for sure that GP was the one; have you seen its picture? but
maybe not...GP is a parent of CM, that is interesting.  If you really
want a piece, remind me around June and I can send you a rhizome.
Laetitia

--- In iris-photos@y..., Linda Mann <lmann@v...> wrote:
> Laetitia, I think it might be
> CALYPSO MOOD (Schreiner 89) standards white with faint cream midrib.
> Falls rich violet purple narrowly edged white.  Beards are cream
tipped
> lemon.
> ((Gay Parasol X (Breaking Dawn x Glacier Sunset))
>
> I couldn't find an online photo, but comparing catalog photo with
your
> photo, they look identical in details of color, pattern, beards,
form..
> I had to hunt to find its Schreiner photo (1990 catalog) after first
> seeing it in a Tempo Two catalog.  Seems to be one Schreiners didn't
> sell more than a couple of years.
>
> As my reward for figuring out what it is, can I have some? <g>
>
> Now if only somebody could figure out for me what my historic 'NOT'
> Cherry Smoke is.....
> --
> Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8
>
> Tennessee Whooping Crane Walkathon: