Re: MDB: DOOZEY

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] MDB: DOOZEY
  • From: dferguson@cabq.gov
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:02:20 -0600

Hi,

I like all the dwarfs with the contrasting dark lines or signals on the
falls.  There are quite a lot of them, but Doosey looks like one of the
nicer whites I think.

I'm not growing it yet, but I think I'm sold now.  I have a little rocky
slope with naturalized MDB, SDB, and a few IB, AB, and Gladiolus about 150
ft out from the living room window.  You can't see the Iris through the
native grasses until they bloom, but when they do, they're quite the show.
This one would be a great addition.

Funny, I never feed them, they are growing in granite and clay, and I
almost never water them except in the heat of spring and early summer, and
they thrive.  They got only a few soakings with a sprinkler during our
recent 10 month (September '01 thru July '02) rainless period.  They've had
about 7 inches of rain since July 4, and they're growing like crazy now.
The IB (I'm pretty sure it's Eleanor Roosevelt) is growing like crazy.

Dave

Is your business paying to much?
Affordable insurance and benefits packages for Less.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/jCP0DB/E.mEAA/jd3IAA/2gGylB/TM