PHOTOS: photo IDs

  • Subject: [iris-photos] PHOTOS: photo IDs
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 06:44:41 -0400

Christy, what's your technique for holding labels?

I tried a couple of different ways and most were total flops.  Either
the label was too small to read or was too awkward for my short
attention span and interest in taking more photos.  No way I can keep
track of a notebook and pen and keep it matched up with the photos I

Like Bill, I know most of my irises, but have a real problem telling a
lot of my seedlings apart in photos.

I've thought about nailing a small notepad to a spadefork handle, then
using a sharpie to write the cultivar name in <big> letters.  Then
stabbing the spadefork in the ground to have a standup label wherever I
want it.    As if all my TBs were consistently at the right height to do

<I found that a simple solution to the problem of identification was to
hold   the label just at the outermost edge of the picture. No guesses
as to what each cv was and for use online, I could always crop the image
when I named  the file.                   Christy        Skip & Christy
Hensler THE ROCK GARDEN Newport, WA>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8