[PHOTO] Re: PHOTOS: photo IDs | Fri, 17 Oct 2003 06:56:59" />

[PHOTO] Re: PHOTOS: photo IDs

I have the lazy digital camera approach for this... I take a separate
photo of the tag first, nice and close up. Then multiple shots of the
cultivar. (I just picked to always shoot the tag first because thats how
I view them when I unload them, but you could do it the other way too,
as long as its consistent.)
Its so nice not to worry about being wasteful with film...

With my SLR, I just carried pen and paper, and write down every durn
name (ugh)... and took a lot fewer pics as well...

Linda Mann wrote:

>Christy, what's your technique for holding labels?
>I tried a couple of different ways and most were total flops.  Either
>the label was too small to read or was too awkward for my short
>attention span and interest in taking more photos.  No way I can keep
>track of a notebook and pen and keep it matched up with the photos I
>Like Bill, I know most of my irises, but have a real problem telling a
>lot of my seedlings apart in photos.

          Phone: 609-518-3700 x4444          Fax: 609-518-3720

  cathy@gixxergirl.org           http://www.gixxergirl.org/