Re: Image IDs & Labels

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Image IDs & Labels
  • From: Sandy Ives rives@rogers.com
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:45:35 -0400

I use Catharine Button's technique.  Memory is relatively cheap compared
to developing costs - at least when dealing in the hundreds of images.
 And my memory is worse than my handwriting.

All of the images on the Ottawa River Iris Society (ORrIS) website were
taken with a digital camera. (members.rogers.com/orris)

I took a picture of the tag before I took a picture of the bloom/clump.
 On the bus ride to the next tour garden I downloaded all the images to
my laptop - into a folder named for the tour garden.  I renamed all the
files as soon as we got to the hotel, then resized and copied them at
home.  Note:  I saved the original image separately, the resized image
goes to a separate folder.

Regards,

Sandy Ives in Ottawa

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511