Re: stocking lids

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] stocking lids
  • From: "Donald Eaves" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:49:38 -0500

Dana,

> How do you nail your stocking caps down?  If I put those out you would
have
> them within 24 hours, unless of course they ended up with Dave over in NM

Go ahead and make some then.  I never have enough :).  It's windy here too,
but they really don't blow easily.  The stocking material allows the wind to
just go through.  It has to be windy enough to blow the wire frame.  It
surprised me.  But the material lets sun, water and wind go right through.
When I've used taller tomato cages, I've snipped off the bottom ring and
left wire legs to push into the soil.  On some I've used wire tent stakes
and some heavy wire designed to make a clay pot into a hanging basket.  I do
squiggle them around on the soil.  My soil is pretty sticky.

Donald

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511