RE:when a weed isn't

  • Subject: [iris-photos] RE:when a weed isn't
  • From: "Judy Eckhoff" judye@msinter.net
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:34:50 -0500

Several years ago I also decided to grow this wild form of the little purple
aster. It behaves much differently when given ample fertilzer & water.  I
still have them growing but not in my garden !! If you do want to grow
them---keep them trimmed short. The prettiest clumps are those mowed short
all summer.

Judy E.
Haven, KS
zone 6