Re: REB: TB: Sugar Blues

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: REB: TB: Sugar Blues
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:49:59 -0400

I like the tall ones too.  So many are either short or bloom short here.

I don't have the registered height handy, but this one blooms at a
pretty good height for a TB  in my garden.  Not as tall as HARVEST OF
MEMORIES, once she really gets going, VIOLET MIRACLE, BELVI QUEEN, or
SUMMER WHITEWINGS.

Much more consistent height than most of the recent 'good' once blooming
blues, which seem to have a lot of weather sensitivity (erratic
moisture, erratic cold) & which range from no bloom, to 4 inch stalks to
30 inches or so.  Not as reliable a bloomer as I'd like in spring.  &
often short on buds, but a favorite anyway. Another one of Lloyd Z's.

<That looks like it got pretty tall.   How tall is it?   I like
rebloomers that get tall!  Margie V. Oro Valley, AZ.   Zone 8/9>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.