[PHOTO] Re: Re: CULT: Aust rainfall map | Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:25:53" />

[PHOTO] Re: Re: CULT: Aust rainfall map

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Re: CULT: Aust rainfall map
  • From: "Colleen Modra" colleen@impressiveirises.com.au
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 04:55:15 +0930

That was total for 3 years, so you need to divide by three. However it
included a severe drought last year in many places which is why I didn't
include this which is the last 12 months rainfall. This shows the western
deserts as having an abnomally high rainfall and Queensland and NSW in
partic as having very low rainfall. Many places having there lowest rainfall
ever up until about June this year. So this map shows some of the drought
period and a few months of recovery.

As to where others are. Directly above Tasmania (the big island) is an
closed white area. This is the bay around which Melbourne is built. Tempo
Two is on the bottom right of the bay.

My guess is that Jan is in the bright lime green area about a third of the
way west (left) of Melbourne heading towards the South Australian border. Am
I right Jan?

Somebody was asking about frost periods. If you define a frost as ice on the
car in the morning (however light) We usually get our first frost in early
April and have had frosts as late as the first weekend in December. So we
can gaurenteee only 4 months totally frost free. This year we didn't get a
frost til about June.

Colleen Modra
Adelaide Hills
South Australia  Zone 8/9