Re: REB: TB: Harvest of Memories

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: REB: TB: Harvest of Memories
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:58:56 -0400

Thanks Colleen.  But what I meant was that I was trying to get a nice
shot that would show how prolific the bloom is here.  This camera is
easy to take ok closeups, but in the clump shots, especially of
something as bright & light colored as HOM, the individual blooms always
look out of focus or over exposed.  For the photo I posted, I pointed
the camera at the sky to try to adjust the exposure, then had to fiddle
with the brightness in the photo software so it wouldn't be so dark.

I have such a reputation for killing and maiming irises, I just wanted
to show how well it does here, and wanted it to be both a
semi-attractive photo and identifiable as HOM.  The one I posted was the
best I could do - a bunch of slightly messy clumps with a honeysuckle
infested fence row for a backdrop.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.