Re:Alien Weed

  • Subject: [iris-photos]Re:Alien Weed
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 06:58:05 EST

I had an outcrop of this about 15 years ago.  Mom was still alive and I described it to her and she knew what I was refering to right away.  In rural Arkansas and Missouri, it was known as the 'love vine.'

It doesn't have roots, pulling nutrients from the air.  The only cure that I know is to rip it out.  And be sure you have every little piece.

It did NOT come back the next year and I've not seen it since.  It may be dodder . . . I didn't do any research on it or learn the scientific name.

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here