Re: Alien Weed

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Alien Weed
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@erols.com
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:28:37 -0500

Sterling  --  The closeup looks like a very bad day on the trout stream.  I
don't know what it is, but hope it never makes it to the east coast.

What you can do, however, is take trailing ends of it that don't touch your
valued plants, and, using an artist's brush,  paint those ends either with
full-strength Roundup or with spray-mix strength Roundup which you can mix
in a jar.  Applied at enough points, it may eventually kill it.  Obviously,
you'll need to take care that the treated weed leaves, while wet, aren't put
into contact with your valued plants by a breeze.  Griff