Re: Re: CULT: alien weed - Cuscuta

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: CULT: alien weed - Cuscuta
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:37:17 EST

In a message dated 10/27/2003 11:47:24 AM Central Standard Time, lmann@volfirst.net writes:

Because part of the dodder is
<inside> the host plant, just removing the visible part of the dodder
<vine> won't get rid of it.

Must just be coincidence that mine didn't reappear after purging the spot!  I saw no evidence of the tentacles (vines/strings) piercing the hosts of the rather large mass I found.  Mine was a darker yellow than the one in the picture I forwarded, more of a gold and less curled.  Since I bagged and trashed every tiny piece I found, I figured that was why it didn't recur.  Wrong again!  Oh, me!  Good thing I can handle being wrong!  LOL!

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here