Re: Seedling pic veining

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Seedling pic veining
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 23:05:21 -0700

Hi Will,

I didn't use to like veining, but the longer I grow irises the more I like it.  It seems to add character and depth to the flower. Busy Being Blue is one in particular that I'm thinking of............................. it has deep blue veining.  It seems to make THAT iris really stand out.  I'd be interested in your results if you tried to cross your seedling with it.  Good luck on your hybridizing venture............... it's sure to be an adventure!

Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9
IrisLady@comcast.net