Re: Flower parts in a fan

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Flower parts in a fan
  • From: "Cheryl Leigh Chamberlin" clc@cherylleigh.com
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:59:50 -0500

I saw something like that at a garden center, in a fan of IMMORTALITY! The
fan looked normal in every way and the other potted irises around it were in
bloom, but this one had a petal sticking out where the stalk would be. There
was nothing else there, no stalk, no real flower, just this petal sticking
out, and it was definitely attached to the plant somehow, not a stray piece
that had gotten wedged in this fan.

Cheryl Leigh