Re: Alien Weed & native blue aster

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Alien Weed & native blue aster
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 06:16:57 EST

In a message dated 10/29/2003 3:09:46 AM Central Standard Time, mcorley@compuserve.com writes:

It is useless to attempt to
disentangle the dodder plant from the plant it has attacked.

When my mind is set, I've been compared to a tick! Guess this proves it.  ;-) Or maybe I just got lucky?  I left the thing for a while, while I attempted to ID it, so it had a pretty good start.  I'm thinking it was in my iris beds (?) but now I wonder if it wasn't the last year I raised a regular garden.  Anyway, it was the early 80's and I've not seen it since.

Interesting research though.  Hope I don't see it again.  Out here in the country anything is possible.  I'd heard of bind weed but didn't know it was the same thing.

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6__where I've been too busy and tired to NOTICE the quiet.  But not too busy to notice the dogs!  One pulled up Professor Paul and drug it about 10 feet.  Beds being mud at this point, it was a major feat to retrieve the rhizome and replant.  The deer seem to have decided they don't like my home and activity though.  Tracks in the beds seem to have diminished since I'm on the site.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor