[PHOTO] Re: 2 seedlings - the other parent | Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:25:17" />

[PHOTO] Re: 2 seedlings - the other parent

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] 2 seedlings - the other parent
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 20:31:56 -0700

Thank you for all of your comments.   They are SO appreciated!  :-)  For those of you interested- -  the other parent is Ecstatic Echo.  You can see that is where WP-01 gets a lot of it's color features from.  I was afraid using an older variety would hurt the form.................. but so far (there are others that will bloom for the first time this coming spring) it hasn't.

Chris............I don't think it's a luminata.  I wish it was (because it appears to be a great grower), but there is too much color surrounding the beard and into the throat.

Does anyone know the definition of what makes a luminata?

Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9
IrisLady@comcast.net