[PHOTO] Re: TB SA Mescalero Chief | Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:55:09" />

[PHOTO] Re: TB SA Mescalero Chief

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] TB SA Mescalero Chief
  • From: "Will Warner" wildbill@techie.com
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:54:54 -0600

Here's a pic of TB SA Mescalero Chief.  That's about all I know about it.  Anybody know some info.
it?  I bought it purely for the bloom at an iris grower.  I hadn't ever heard of it before,.  I was really
impressed by the regularity of it's horns, and the color is really nice.  I've only had it a year, so I'd
love to know how it's
performing for other people.  Most iris in catalogs I research somewhat, but I always venture out
to a few of the local growers during spring bloom time.  I usually only pic up a couple, but they are
varieties I wouldn't normaly get without seeing them in person.  Although it's not the best time to
transplant an iris, It's always nice to get the bonus bloom stalk.
Will Warner
Zone 6