Re: reblooming seedling

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: reblooming seedling
  • From: "Christopher Darlington" chris.darlington@sympatico.ca
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:51:08 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "irischap" <irischapman@n...>
wrote:
> I like the white one. Nice colour accents and excellent form. The
> yellow one looks too much like other yl TB rebloomers.
>
> Chuck Chapman

Mike,

The white one has fine form and there's nothing wrong with the
color.  Yellows of any form don't do much for me these days.  Do we
need/want another yellow or white Iris ? I don't really think so but
it's nice just the same.  Harold just has a more direct way of
telling you this ;-)

This is primarily the reason I bought a whole bunch of Arilbreds this
year, I want my seedlings to be not only nice, I want them to be
interesting even bizarre as well but I'm just a hobby gardener with
no customers to satisfy.

This Spring, STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN and CELEBRATION SONG put on fabulous
shows, they both produced several exceptional stalks but I find
myself wanting something different, intriguing or unusual now.  I
know these views go against the grain but I find my tastes are
changing.

Chris

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping