Re: Crump Seedlings

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Crump Seedlings
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@erols.com
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:48:16 -0500

Welllllll, that's why there are so many varieties of iris . . . and why I'm seeking other people's opinions than just my own.
I'm ready to go with THAT CERTAIN SOMETHING because the uniqueness of its color is compelling.  I'm seeking opinions on BULBUL AMEER because, though I obviously like it, I'm not as sure.
In the end, though, it's a lot like buying oriental rugs.  As the auctioneer said, there are three reasons that you buy a rug.  The first is because you like it.  The second is because you like it.  And the third is because you like it.
I have three photos of SCHIAPARELLI, none of which does it justice.  If you don't find a photo elsewhere, I'll post it when (and if) I get my scanner working.
And your 70s-degree weather is due to reach us tomorrow.  Yeahhhh!  --  Griff