RE: HYB:1812-1RE:More

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos]HYB:1812-1RE:More
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 13:29:43 -0700

Betty, I think it’s pretty.  It’s clumping, of course, as most rebloom stalks do in my part of the country.  A clumped rebloom stalk may frequently have ten or more tightly placed buds.  One really can’t judge stalks or bud count until she sees the regular bloom.

How true that our expectations (dreams) influence our judgment of the real flowers!  Also an extra beautiful bloom on one of our seedlings tends to blind us to its serious faults and also to the superior qualities of its less spectacular siblings.  At least that has happened to me.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9