Re: TB: Zandria (Nebeker '95)

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] TB: Zandria (Nebeker '95)
  • From: iris4u2@comcast.net
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 17:43:06 +0000

Adam, I grow both and they have both done very well here in Colorado.  I started with 3 plants in 2003 and now have 12 fans plus increases.  All fans are very healthy looking and it was very popular with guest.  Zandria I got several years ago and had lined out about 30 fans in 2003.  I wasn't going to sell any yet this year but guest to the garden begged and pleaded to sell some that I final relented and sold to many.  We are semi-arid here in Denver and have no snow on the ground much of  the time in the winter.  We have that freezing/thawing going on most of the time and it gets down to 10 below for a week or so during mid-January.   My experience are they are both good growers here in Colorado.
Bob Van Liere  (former Michigander)
Iris4U Iris Garden
Denver, Colorado
I love the color of this iris! This is a first year bloom, and was a very short stalk. The clump is not increasing well at all right now, and neither is Drama Queen, which is next to it. I'm a little worried. I dug up a rhizome of DQ, and the roots were dry and semi-mushy. Leaves are drying up from the top on down. I think it could be drought or lack of soil nutrients. Anyone else have these problems?
Adam Cordes
Hillman, Michigan
Region 6
Zone 4 (and a half. . . )