Re: HYB: pigments

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: pigments
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 19:36:53 -0400

<Is the amoena at the bottom of the post IMCS-1?>

Yes.  "Cloud Shadows" is IMCS-1 or IC-1.

Now to make the whole story even wierder - I went to town for a few
hours (and of course didn't clean up my mess before I left).  When I
came back, the pigment had migrated to the alcohol/water layer!  If I
didn't have the photo to prove it wasn't there when I left, I would be
blaming my erratic memory.

?????

HARVEST OF MEMORIES and VIOLET MIRACLE jars are the same as when I left
3 hrs ago.

Maybe I better name this one "Shadow Mystery"!  & no, didn't use any
crayons.  Cut up the petal with scissors, washed in water & wiped dry
between petals, mushed them up in the warm water or water + alcohol with
bamboo chopsticks, then added oil and smushed them around some more.

IMMORTALITY does carry pink, I think.

I may do this again tomorrow and see if I can see how long it takes this
pigment to switch layers.  Maybe I had more alcohol in that one or
something else was different - will do both VIOLET MIRACLE and IMCS-1
again, making sure I start them at the same time, same amount of tissue,
same volumes.

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8