TB: REB: Gladiatrix

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: REB: Gladiatrix
  • From: "Robin Shadlow" <rshadlow@wildmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 18:10:02 -0700

This opened for the first time last week, but I had it
outside and the beetles ate holes in the first bloom I
saw.  The second bloom opened with flounces too and this
time I removed part of the stalk and brought it in.  That
way I'll manage to have some pollen to freeze instead of
having it become beetle chow.

This is the first time Gladiatrix has bloomed here, so this
is not rebloom, but rather fall bloom.  I am encouraged by
its timing that it will rebloom her in zone 5.  At least
maybe if it gets a lot of rain like we did this year.

Dr. Zurbrigg should be very proud!!

Robin Shadlow
zone 5 NE

at least that's where I am physically, as far as my head
goes, I'm pretty sure I spend more time daydreaming in Oz

Care2 Mail is new and improved - 100MB free storage!
http://www.care2.com/go/z/100MB

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/2gGylB/TM