Re: HYB: oops - Mueller

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: oops - Mueller
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:45:51 -0400

After rummaging around through my old notes, before labels got stirred
around quite as much, it looks like that last one (the small "ringo"
seedling, not the rebloomer) was actually from the envelope labeled:
28 #81 - seedlings like SUNSET SNOWS

I assume this means it was from one or more bee pods on seedlings that
looked like SUNSET SNOWS in color/pattern.  The color reminds me of
FOREIGN KNIGHT, at least as I remember it - no photo, & it died.

I will definitely do some pigment extractions on this one next spring.
Sure wish I could get some pollen from it....health is too poor to carry
a pod here.

Guess I'd better get busy and make up garden names for these two....

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links