another Mueller seedling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] another Mueller seedling
  • From: "judye" <judye@msinter.net>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:07:55 -0500

Linda & others, this is the first fall rebloom on this seedling. It's maiden
bloom was spring 2004.  Adam Muller was my friend and lived just a few miles
from me. This seedling would be from his very last crosses, he passed away
last Jan.  at the age of 100. This envelope says "36 seeds, 82-9xbee. 82-9
is Cherub Choir x 76-80 pink seedling. 76-80 is Gentle Giant x Niswonger's
23-71, which is a nice large raspberry colored one. " Adam kept excellent
records but if the seeds got mixed up or he wasn't sure--he didn't
guess--they became bee pods.

Linda I love the pics you posted, if you would like to do some trading of
Adam's iris, please let me know. The college where he taught most of his
life has started a Memorial Garden in his memory. Might add these to the
other varieties there already.

Judy E,
Haven, KS
zone 6