  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] SIERRA MIST
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:34:23 -0500

Blooming now.  Not a rebloom, I guess.  It was new last year and bloomed in
the fall the first year, but didn't bloom this spring.  Two stalks blooming
now.  Not too bunchy.  The top bloom has an extra fall, but the rest have
been normal (and edible per the beetles that are active when it's warmer).
These have more of a greenish cast than I remember them having last fall.
They aren't milk or appliance white.  They have a warm shade that just
misses being a very pale yellow.  I expect I have enough increase to see
spring bloom if nothing happens.  Then we'll see whether rebloom follows.
It's hard to achieve fall bloom under my growing conditions, so these
surprised me.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links