Re: old iris bulbs

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] old iris bulbs
  • From: "The Lobergs" <loberg@adelphia.net>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 08:31:08 -0800

Too many of us would probably confess to storing some rhizomes a very, very long time, although probably not intentionally. I had some I'd kept a year recover, although it took a full two seasons to bloom.   If you have the time and space, it can never hurt to try and put them in the ground.   If it is this late in the season, and you're facing colder weather coming, you must put them in a protected area, because it would be extremely hard for them to grow roots and attempt to revive, especially after what they've suffered so far.
Kitty