Re: old iris bulbs

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] old iris bulbs
  • From: cseggen1@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:49:19 EST

A couple of years ago I had some rhizomes that I had gotten at Walmart (which were pretty dry to start with) in the summer.  They laid on my clothes dryer until the following January, when I took them with me to Texas, where I planted them in flower boxes & left them sit out on the picnic table.  They all grew.  What do you have to lose?  Evidently you have the space if you are considering it. Depending on your zone, they may do just fine planted out now.  I was in zone 5 so could not have put them out without first starting in pots.
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links