Seedling 21-703

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Seedling 21-703
  • From: iris4u2@comcast.net
  • Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 12:52:19 +0000

Still finding some seedlings I haven't posted.  This is seedling 21-703:  98-311 (Pretty Please X Mabel Andrew) X Theresa Lynn
Was hoping to get rebloom out of PP X MA.  It didn't happen but had a pretty flower and  very large blossoms but a little short on bud count.  Crossed the seedling with Theresa Lynn.  This is the year we had a very late freeze when most everything already had stalks.  Temps went from 80 degrees Sunday May 18 to 28 degrees in about hours time.  Consequently almost everything frooze except for very late varieties and the seedlings blooming for the first time.  I still managed about a 1000 seedlings that year, very few worth watching except for this one and a few others.
Bob Van Liere
Iris4u Iris Garden
Denver, Colorado

JPEG image