Fw: CULT: Dividers photos

  • Subject: Fw: [iris-photos] CULT: Dividers photos
  • From: "Janet Stromborg" twinhill@earthlink.net
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 11:54:14 -0500

Thanks for the photos and list of sources Mike!  Those edgers look like they'll work just fine in my raised beds where I've imported good soil.  But I fear that in my rocky clay soil where many of my iris live, it may be rather difficult to pound them into the ground with larger rocks hiding under the soil surface.  I'll probably end up having to trench those edgers in just like the strip edging, but at least it would only have to be done once. After removing the impeding rocks from the area, I could just pound the divider sections back in every spring.  It looks easier than what I'm doing now, that's for sure!
Janet in Denmark WI
zone 4