Re: SPEC: Evansia

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: SPEC: Evansia
  • From: "Michael D. Greenfield" mgreenfield@cinci.rr.com
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 00:16:17 -0400

dawnsharon2001  writes:
How do you do with the New World crested iris, I. cristata?  I have a
nice clump of  I. c. 'Eco Bluebird' from the New England Wildflower
Society, but every so often most of it succumbs to something or other
and I have to let it grow big again from whatever mini-rhizomes are
still sound.
Try growing some in mum pots with a good potting soil. Unlike Bearded
Cristata like to be watered. Never had them rot. Fertilizer is needed to for great growth. The ones in the ground like a light layer of potting soil
 sprinkled on them every so often.
Check out mine
Mike Greenfield