RE: CULT: Bloom before increase

  • Subject: [iris-photos] RE: CULT: Bloom before increase
  • From: "Mary Swann-Young" MryL1@msn.com
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:41:50 -0500
  • Seal-send-time: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:41:50 -0500

Lots of new ones bloom before putting out any increase here.  I always figured the pups were there, just
waiting until the blooms were done to feed off the rhizome and grow above the surface.  Is this something
I've figured wrong?  I'd guess about 15% of new plantings perform that way here.
Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5 - stalk on Flying Circus (IB - Keppel 03) bud set in Oregon