HYB: Yellow seedling

  • Subject: [iris-photos] HYB: Yellow seedling
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 20:06:14 -0700

I just have to post one more seedling picture from this spring’s maiden bloom.  This one is from Golden Raspberry X Pink Champagne.  More than a dozen bloomed from this cross, and most were yellow.  I am not breeding for yellow, and yellow irises seem to be very common.  I like this one because of the pattern on the falls.  The bright yellow of the hafts extends about two thirds of the way down the falls leaving a white V shaped center.  I don’t recall the bud count, but I think it was at least adequate.

I selected a ridiculous number of these first year seedlings to see again, and one I destroyed I deeply regret.  It had yellow standards, red falls with a electric blue flash below the beards.  The stalk was so terrible I dug it, but I think I could have given it another chance.

Anyway I’d appreciate comments about this one.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS