{Disarmed} Re: Photographing blue/purple blooms

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Photographing blue/purple blooms
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 22:11:33 -0700

Hi Beth,

Blues, purples, and black colors have always tended to be harder colors to capture for most people..................or better said............ for most camera's to capture.  :-)  I too have a Sony and have for years. It's been a great camera. I have to agree with Linda that light, shutter speed, time of day - as well as clouds vs.full sun, and even white balance all can play a part in those colors you mentioned. (Red's too I find)  If your camera isn't equipped to allow you to adjust those settings...................the next best thing is a computer program that will help you do that.  Photoshop is a good one, as well as Paint Shop Pro. I personally find that Paint Shop Pro is more user friendly than Photoshop. (It may depend on how your brain is wired). At times my photos may need tweaking too and adjusting the color balance or the percentage of red/blue/green is all it may take.

~~ Margie