{Disarmed} Re: Photographing blue/purple blooms & Rebloom

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Photographing blue/purple blooms & Rebloom
  • From: "Linda Hunt" nakihee@gmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 20:18:27 -0500

Oh my, blueberry tart is a lovely litte dwarf.  Thanks for sharing that photo!

On 10/6/06, Eleanor Hutchison <eleanore@mts.net> wrote:

My iris season was mighty fine this year because it started early and was quite hot, so I didn't have time to play with my camera settings til the iris were finished blooming, alas.

I have a close up lens for my Canon PowerShot G2 and after turning off the flash, plus using the macro setting, I was able to get accurate closeups of dark red and purple flowers without any adjustments to the colour.  Next spring, I'll be redoing most of my iris pictures.

SDB Blueberry Tart rebloomed here for several weeks, starting on August 25; I had moved it to this location in mid May of this year.  SDB's Forever Blue and Autumn Jester have been reblooming off and on since mid July.  All three are in areas that get watered frequently.  Autumn Jester has one more bud to open, hopefully before frost hits.  All 3 SDB's are hybridized by Chuck Chapman.

I have 3 different Immortality from 3 different sources, none of which rebloom for me, although it reblooms for another gardener about 20 miles away and for several other Manitoba gardeners.  I'll have to try moving it close to one of the above 3 iris and see if regular extra watering works.

El, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3
MIS & DIS Display Garden