Re: Photographing Dark Flowers

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Photographing Dark Flowers
  • From: "irischap" irischapman@aim.com
  • Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 03:29:05 -0000

This is mostly for Linda, but I'm sure others can use it.

With most cameras there is a focus/exposue lock that functions by just
starting to push down the shuter, but not all the way. You can use
this to lock in an exposure a couple of ways. You can get a "17% Grey"
card from you local specalty photo shop. An option is a pictue from a
magazine that exposes properly when photograohed, or as a last
resort., the back of your hand. These last two often register close to
17% grey, the standard all cameras with automatic exposure use. Then
hold the object about where flower is (same distance from camera as
flower) and half click shutter, in order to lock, and then remove
object and point at flower and finish pushing the shutter button. This
will give you a properly exposed flower picture for the very dark, and
also the very light ( such as white) flowers.  This works when you
don't have exposure compensation.

Chuck Chapman

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Linda Mann <lmann@...> wrote:

> I'm using a simple point and click FujiFilm FinePix 2650.  Cheap,
> surprisingly good closeups (3X optical zoom) when I bother to hold the
> camera steady, uses two AA batteries, but nothing is particularly
> adjustable.  It has flash options, choices of photo size that I use.
> Some stuff about white balance that I haven't tried to figure out.
>

> --
> Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: