{Disarmed} Orris Iris (was Re: Seedling - APOLOGIES/Perfumed Seedling)

  • Subject: {Disarmed} [iris-photos] Orris Iris (was Re: Seedling - APOLOGIES/Perfumed Seedling)
  • From: "Eleanor Hutchison" eleanore@mts.net
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 07:36:05 -0500

A search on Google shows quite a few links that mention Orris grows mainly in southern Europe.

I've grown Orris since 1997.  Last year, we had more than the regular amount of rain and the area Orris was planted in turned into a bog garden.  I moved it, but it was too late, alas.  I'll have to find another source and grow it again.  It has a lovely form and a beautiful white flower.

El