{Disarmed} Seedling 24DJ27

  • Subject: [PHOTO] {Disarmed} [iris-photos] Seedling 24DJ27
  • From: iris4u2@comcast.net
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:49:31 +0000

Well, Seedling #24DJ27 finally opened up.  I went out and cut it late yesterday afternoon because they said it was going to snow and get down to freezing.  If you watched Monday Night Football you saw the rain but it never did change over to snow.  The good thing is I have 30 more seedlings to come from this cross which will open next spring.  The anticipation!!!  The bad news is they all may have similar faults as this one.  Would have liked to see no haft markings, a wider beard with a maybe a small horn and on and on and on.  The good news is there is sometimes improvement on the second bloom.  I'll play with it for a few years crossing it back, crossing it with other rebloomers, crossing it with some of its sibs if they turn out better.  I just have some more fun with it.

Bob in Denver
Iris4u Iris Garden
__._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590/grpId=43451/grpspId=1602632694/msgId=34537/stime=1160491841

Iris Iris plants Purple iris