Re: Photo: HYB TB:- seedling 15 /photo of another seedling ...

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Photo: HYB TB:- seedling 15 /photo of another seedling ...
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 10:49:40 -0000

> Let me ask you Donald - what  would you do
> to improve on this kind of pattern?

The pattern has a lot of varience as it exists.  Bold lines in
contrasting colors to ghostly lines in a slightly different hue of
the same color.  In the old RED BUTTERFLY, the lines start at the
haft and are very well defined in the shoulder area.  As those veins
extend down the falls they get broader and the vein color starts
escaping on to the ground color.  By the time they reach the bottom
of the falls the vein color has escaped the veins and pool into a mix
of the vein color and forms a sort of band of mottled red blending
together around the edge of the falls.  If there are the equivalent
in modern form, I'm not aware of them.  I would think there were a
lot of possibilities for the pattern in an updated form, especially
considering the number of blends that have put in an appearance since
the time the original 'butterfly pattern' types were being
introduced.  Then there is Sutton's CIRCUS CIRCUS that seems to be
the plicata pattern going up from the edge of the falls covering the
falls with veins - just the opposite of the shoulder veins extending
down.  More possibilites there, I would think.

Donald

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional