{Disarmed} Photo: HYB: TB: Reject Pearlized high-sheen seedling 4

  • Subject: [PHOTO] {Disarmed} [iris-photos] Photo: HYB: TB: Reject Pearlized high-sheen seedling 4
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:09:55 -0700

Now, a reject seedling (from the same cross) which will most likely get tossed next spring because it has sad, sad substance and poor form.  :-(    I don't think substance can change that much from year to year in a seedling.  I always wait 2 years before I toss a seedling out - because there have been ugly duckling seedlings of mine that have turned into beautiful swans. I think all the seedlings from this cross had super stiff substance.  I wonder if this one carries the genes for good substance????
I wanted you to see the sheen - it's more evident in photos on the darker colors.  No diamond dusting either as in the other 3.  If you look at the fall on the lower left hand side - the camera seemed to pick up the pearl-look gloss-like sheen more there.  (I don't know why my camera does not readily pick up the sheen................... Does anyone know if a sheen on plants hard to capture with digital cameras?)
Last photo for the night.
~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
__._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590/grpId=43451/grpspId=1707632694/msgId=34743/stime=1161233128