Re: CULT: weather damage

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: CULT: weather damage
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@lock-net.com
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 08:24:43 -0400

Oh great!  :-(

Well, we haven't had any real winter for three years, so I guess we are
due.  Seedling selection opportunity <g>

I never can keep straight the various effects here from El Nino and La

We've managed the first two, but no rain. Australia is heading into the
worst recorded drought ever. In our little corner, we have been
fortunate in missing drought events over the last few years, but overall
, in Australia, the water situation is dire, with some cities having
empty or near empty reservoirs. In Goulbourn (near Canberra) not only is
there no garden watering, but apparently it is an offence to wash your
car windscreens unless it is a traffic hazards. I guess washing the
whole car is no longer an option either,
So it's a major El Nino event. If I remember correctly if we have an El
Nino summer then the USA has a very bad heavy winter.

Colleen Modra>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: