Re: [iris]HYB:Wearing Rubies

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Re: [iris]HYB:Wearing Rubies
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@cox.net
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:40:17 -0400

Betty  --  I presently have 20 seedlings from WEARING RUBIES x sdlg 01S3
(AURA LIGHT x ROMANTIC EVENING), which are growing well.  There was better
than 50% germination in the lot.  They were only set out late this year, so
I don't expect to see much, if any, bloom next spring:  I've attached a
photo of the pollen parent, which, while it is a rich red amoena, does not
have good plant form.  It inherited AURA LIGHT's short stature and then
some.  It's second year of bloom was worse than the first.  I used it as a
pollen parent in its first year of bloom hoping that most of the seedlings
will have WEARING RUBIES' stature.  Fingers crossed.  --  Griff